Wednesday 23 November 2016

A Farmer Called Valance 2

Remember me saying I had to go to the creek for water? Well I won’t be going there much longer, ‘cause I’m bringing the creek to me. Yup, you heard right. Irrigation, it’s called, and when I’m done cutting a ditch from here to there, I’ll have all the water I need. Good thing I’m smart, huh? Course it might take a while, ‘specially now I’ve cut my expenses. I took the mules back to Ike. Danged things weren’t earning their keep and when a good friend said she wanted to lose weight, I knew just how to help. Since she's big on desire and short on dedication, I’ve signed her up for the Valance health and fitness program. Cost me a new plow but I’m happy to call it an investment. My client’s happy too, and so she ought to be; for a one-off payment of a bottle of whiskey and a hot meal a day, she’s getting it cheap.

Well, coffee break's over. It’s time I got back to work…

'Okay Miss April… start pulling!’


No comments:

Post a Comment