Saturday 7 May 2016

One Man and his Dog

Sure is quiet without Housty around. Do you miss her, Nameless? I sure do, I miss her something awful. I miss her smile and her laughter, and I miss her warm body next to mine when I wake up in the morning. Hell, I even miss her yelling at me, but if the gossip’s true then we’re just gonna have to get used to it. Could be she’s curled up in some teepee right now, sharing her warmth with Spotted Weasel.

C’mon fella, eat your dinner. What’s the matter, ain’t you hungry? 


Well I am. I’m starving so bad my ribs are poking though, though I’m sure sick of eating like this. 


Maybe I’ll go into town later and get a nice steak. How does that sound Nameless, would you like me to bring you back a steak?  No? Well maybe you ain’t as hungry as me. From the look of those bones on the porch, someone took good care of you while I was away. Hmm, if you ain’t pining for Housty, maybe you ate her?

2 comments:

  1. Love's lost, eh? Poor Nameless! Sending hugs and lashings of love to the poor wee pooch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, well, if it ain't my favorite over nourished bucket-mouth. Poor Nameless, huh? Okay, save your sympathy for Nameless. Never mind that I’m getting all skinny and weak, and suffering hunger pains like you’d never know.

    ReplyDelete